Ethiopian Cooking Class

This has been my week of cooking classes! Last Thursday I took an Indian cooking class and ate wonderful curries and such, and Monday night, my friend and I ventured to an Ethiopian cooking class in Pike Place Market.

This particular class was vegetarian class, and together we made shiro wot, timatim selata, gomen, yatakilt wot, misser wot, all served with fresh injera. The best part of the class in my humble opinion was that the instructor's family was from Ethiopia. As such, he had many personal stories and anecdotes to share that accompanied the food and truly brought it to life.

I forgot my camera but took a few photos on my iphone, so please excuse the sub-par quality.
The final product...
This was a very flavorful, hearty meal, with a kick of spice.

myphotos

4 comments

Stevie said...

I LOVE Ethiopian food! One of my favorite restaurants in Seattle is Queen Sheba on Capitol Hill. Their food is to die for.

I have some Ethiopian spices, but haven't cooked much of it. Sounds like a fun class!

Melanie's Randomness said...

I've never had Ethiopian food!! Looks delicious and that class looks alot of fun!! =)

Melanie's Randomness

Mal said...

That looks like such a wonderful time!

http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

Leesh said...

Interesting...I have never had Ethiopian food.