Supercalifragilistic

Tonight my mom and I went to see Mary Poppins at the Paramount in downtown Seattle. It was practically perfect in every way! As we were watching the musical production, memories of our lovingly worn Mary Poppins VHS came flooding back. I remember playing this movie many a time as a kid, singing along to A Spoonful of Sugar, Chim-Chim-Cher-ee, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, and beyond. What fun!

We grabbed pumpkin curry at a local Thai Giner before walking over to the theatre, and enjoyed swaying along to our favorite tunes. Now instead of correcting papers and catching up on emails, I'm finding myself wanting to master the ability to pull ridiculously large items out of my handbag, fly through the air on an umbrella, and fly a kite up to the highest height!

4 comments

Brittany said...

how fun! this makes me want to rewatch mary poppins--it's been a long time since i've seen it.

Monika - Twoja Asystentka said...

I love the book and the movie from 1964 year! I could watch it on and on! and suprecalifragilistic is one of my favourite words! :)

Thanks for this post. You made me smile!

Monika from
www.efektnimbu.blogspot.com

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Glad you loved it!! Have a grat weekend and congrats to your sis!

Anonymous said...

Crazy!!!! Ok, so I have been following your blog for a little over a year now or maybe two...and I just now realized you are in Seattle and my husband and I moved here last August! Crazy!

That's all to build up to me saying that I was at Mary Poppins as well! Were you there the night the fire alarm went off?