The Facebook Movie

I just realized I never blogged about the last movie I saw - The Social Network, which despite actually knowing the title, I find myself consistently referring to as "The Facebook Movie." I didn't have high expectations for this movie, but I was entertained throughout and pleasantly surprised. For a movie all about computers, the plot was engaging, and the characters while not likable in the slightest (sans Eduardo), were well cast. (For anyone who's seen it, were the Winkelvoss twins not the dreamiest boys ever??).

The bf and I did a date enjoyed our dinner & a movie date night, dining at our fave burger joint, Red Mill Burgers, and then off to see the flick. Overall, I was very satisfied with the movie, I would even go so far as to say I'd even see it again...in the theater. And, it was an interesting vantage point for those of us who are members of facebook, a modern-day history lesson of sorts as to how we all got on there in the first place.

9 comments

Anonymous said...

Gha! Everyone's been talking about this movie, and I seriously had thought it was going to be a giant flop. And contrary to my early predictions, everyone's gushing about it. Guess I'll have to check it out!

Brittany said...

i agree. the previews were a good indicator of what the movie would be like, and with all the talented people involved, it was bound to be great. loved andrew garfield as eduardo and i can't wait to see him in more stuff.

Life Abroad said...

I saw the movie a few weeks ago and LOVED it. My boyfriend is a total internet geek who is in a similar industry, so he could relate a lot to it as well. I was surprised at how well done the movie was. When I first heard of it, I thought it was a complete joke...now there is Oscar buzz! Crazy!

And yes...the Winkelvoss twins are GORGEOUS.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Redmill is my FAVORITE Seattle burger!!!!!

Haylee said...

I enjoyed reading your review, and am glad to hear you enjoyed it. I'm going to see it tomorrow night so hopefully I like it as much as you did!

Haylee said...

I swear I know you somehow! You look so familiar.
Totally agree with you on Park City's awesomeness. I especially love going up there in the winter. Something about lots of snow, cozy cabins, and awesome outlet malls. :)
I've heard so much about Marley's, I really think I need to check out the place now.
Wasn't Thriller incredible?? I saw it last year and LOVED it. The dancing skeletons were the bomb.com

Mary said...

So funny - I think everyone I know is saying the same thing. "Didn't really think it'd be great, wasn't really that interested in seeing it, BUT ended up going anyway and totally loved it!" I was exactly the same. I have no doubt a lot of it is total fiction, but it sure made an entertaining movie!

Samantha said...

Also loved the movie and was pleasantly surprised!

The twins were actually played by one actor- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2309517/

and YES, he is gorgeous!

Bridget said...

i keep hearing that it was actually pretty good-- i wasn't interested initially but now i am!