The Greatest Showman

I don't see movies too often these days, but when I do, I try and save the movie-going experience for films that seem like they wouldn't quite be the same from the comforts of my couch.  The Greatest Showman is amazing!  The story is loosely based on the P.T. Barnum (of Barnum and Bailey Circus), and I found it a compelling, engaging story.  Even more so if you're a fan of musicals.  

The cinematography reminded me a little of Moulin Rouge, with it's vibrant colors woven in with song, the music is inviting, catchy, and emboldens you to want to jump up and dance (just ask my kids, we've had it blasting on repeat)!  Listening to the soundtrack the week before seeing the film and and then seeing the same songs come alive on the screen was magical. 

If you're skeptical, perhaps try listening to the soundtrack first, it's phenomenal, and I highly recommend seeing in the theatre for the full circus experience!

No comments