Guest Post: Beaktweets


207

Hi! I'm Claire. You can usually find me writing about my husband and daughter over at Beaktweets. I was so excited when Michelle asked me to guest post on her blog with something wedding related. I am hoping Michelle is off having a wonderful wedding weekend. In the meantime, I have a quick bit of advice from one bride to another.

I have been married for almost five years and the thing that I held onto throughout our engagement and have encouraged other brides to remember is this: No matter what, at the end of the day, you will be married.

What I mean by this is that all the little things like decorations, weather forecasts, seating charts and who wears what doesn't affect the outcome of the day. A sunshiney day might make things easier. A perfectly executed wedding theme might get a few oooohs and aaaahs out of wedding guests. But really? Those aren't the things that matter.

What matters is that you are marrying the man of your dreams. At the end of the ceremony you will kiss your groom and embark on the most exciting adventure as partners in life.

With so many wedding blogs, magazines and websites I think it is so hard to remember what is really important about our wedding day. So my advice to you would be: remember. Remember that even if things don't go quite as you had planned, at the end of the day you will have yourself a husband. And really? What could be better?!

307

5 comments

Keri said...

great advice to remember! pretty photos as well :)

Alexa said...

Wonderful advice and I love your photos!

Unknown said...

Lovely advice...I just got a little chill {the good kind!}. This is such a great thing to remember :) xoxoxo brynn

Claire {Beaktweets} said...

Thanks, ladies :)

Unknown said...

Such lovely advice :)