Weeknight Baking: Salted Browned Butter Rice Krispy Treats

First off, when is the last time you had rice krispy treats?  For me, these lovely little morsels remind me of the post soccer game treats of my youth, but I'm pretty confident it's been a while!  I can't actually recall the last time I've made them - if ever.  However, with the hot weather we've been having in the greater Seattle area the past few weeks, I was desperate for a dessert to bring to my book club meeting that didn't require an oven.  Enter: salted browned butter rice krispy treats a la Smitten Kitchen.  Brilliant!  

Ridiculously easy compared to most other desserts, and the flavor was excellent, just enough salt and an extra oomph of nuttiness from the browned butter.  My darling daughter also served as my sous chef - "measuring" or in her case enthusiastically scooping - the rice krispies.  Don't think I'll ever make the original version again.


1 comment

heather said...

I will have to give these a try -- the originals are one of my go-to easies when I need to bring something :)