Wednesday, October 30, 2013
2. Riley has started to coo! It is the sweetest thing! She gurgles and giggles and makes all kinds of adorable baby noises, but one of her "favorite" sounds is awfully reminiscent of "Hi," which she sometimes echoes when we say hello back to her. Therefore we've decided it is her first word :)
3. Came home to fresh flowers on my doorstep last week from the huz to celebrate our anniversary. We opted out of getting each other gifts this year to save money but I was pleasantly surprised by a blushing bouquet of magenta roses and white gerber daisies to say "I love you." The gesture was greatly appreciated. In turn, I bought him a cannoli (his favorite) at Whole Foods. That's love :)
4. Fall is alive in Seattle, and made even more beautiful by being pleasantly accompanied by crisp blue skies. Our wonderfully sunny summer has blessed us with an especially colorful fall, everywhere I look the trees are bursting with vibrant red, orange, and golden leaves. Love this season!
5. Friends who bring food to new parents with a baby. I can't tell you how lovely this is. I never appreciated the true gift of a home cooked meal until I was on the receiving end. It's glorious! For those moments when you're tired and starving and you've had one too many frozen pizzas... Thank you dear friends!
6. New (to us) episodes of How I Met Your Mother on Netflix. My husband and I LOVE this show and are slowly making our way through the final season via Netflix. Oh how we've missed the inside jokes, the blind side high-5 of Marshall and Lily, and the will-they, won't-they dance of Robin and Barney. To us, the resurgence of HIMYM after bedtime is Legen (wait for it) -dary!
7. Last Friday night was my first workout post baby. I figured I'd dive in head first and attend my favorite spin class. Dark lights, pumping music, sweat flowing, these workouts are intense, and yes, it was challenging, but I did it! Gave myself a hearty pat on the back!
8. Receiving my new teaching certificate in the mail. I'm "officially" legit for another 6 years! Woot, woot!
9. Halloween party at my PEPS (moms) group. What a sight to see! Try taking a picture of 4 ladybugs, a dinosaur, Princess Leia, an old fashioned girl, Superman, a monkey, and a pirate all wriggling around on the floor in a circle. Priceless!
10. My little bug is 8 weeks on Thursday! I sure love being her mommy.