Saturday, October 12, 2013
10 Reasons Why I Love You
2. You love to stretch! When you wake, you arch your back, slowly shrug your shoulders, and move your head gently from side to side. This is followed by clenched fists as you reach your arms upward into the air, shoulders twisting from side to side. Your stretching is often accompanied by a great big yawn, and you are most definitely your momma's daughter, not easy to rouse after a restful sleep.
3. You love sleeping with your arms above your head; arms up, elbows bent, head tilted to the side, as if you're a referee calling a touchdown. While you enjoy your swaddle time, you almost always find a way to wrangle those arms free of that swaddle blanket to resume this comfy position.
4. You have the best facial expressions! From sleepy to happy to quizzical to amused, we're doing our best to capture each and every expression in photographs. We can already tell you're growing so big, we look back at pictures of you as a newborn and you look so tiny!
5. You have been a rockstar baby for visitors. When friends and family come over, you either coo sweetly or lounge contentedly in their lap, snoozing as they ooh and ahh over your sweet face. It's as if you're saving your louder personality just for mom and dad :)
6. You are a snugglebug, we love how you're so eager to curl up and nestle your head into our shoulder or snuggle into your daddy's chest. I love peeking down at you, as you rest your gentle head on my shoulder, and seeing your wide open mouth; content and fed, and happily asleep.
7. You love your changing pad - it's so funny, I would have never thought the diaper station would be a preferred location for a baby, but you're always happy and content to wiggle and lay there while we're rummaging through drawers or clamoring for wipes. I think you like the vantage point, being able to lay comfortably and stare up, as you'd much prefer laying here your crib :)
8. Of all the pacifiers in the bunch, you much prefer your Detroit Tiger's pacifier to them all. No Soothies, Nuks, or Wubbanubs for this baby - at least not yet. Your dad thinks this is a good omen for his beloved sports team.
9. You have the cutest sleepy just-after-eating smile. Your forehead crinkles up as you raise your eyebrows, and a slow sleepy smile spreads across your face.
10. You have changed our life forever. We love you so much already Riley, and our hearts are growing with love for you every single day.