Spring Break

My Spring Break adventures are continuing beautifully with lovely Seattle weather. Yesterday I ventured to the quad on the University of Washington campus (my alma mater) for some sun, cherry blossom viewing, and quality people watching.

If you're not familiar with the Seattle area, the quad is the place to people watch. All walks of life, adults, children, and students from all corners of campus come here to congregate, dance, mingle, socialize, see, and be seen, especially when the Seattle sun decides to shine. My friend Carla and I tried to avoid sitting underneath the UW cheer squad practicing stunts, but ended up front row for an impromptu break dance session. That's the quad for you.
images/myphotos

9 comments

Sara Christine said...

OMG GORGEOUS. Your photos lately are making me soooo homesick.

I have fond memories of lying on that grass reading "Anna Karenina" one summer when I took an Art History class at UW. Followed almost always by Pagliacci at the HUB. :)

I might have already asked you this, but ever have Professor Rene Bravmann? He taught African & Tribal Art. He inspired me to go to Ghana!

Anna said...

oh my, that is beautiful.

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

aaahhh this is SO beautiful! lovely blossoms!
Hope you have a very Happy Easter!
xx

celine said...

soooooo beautiful! I love cherry blossoms ... I wonder if they've bloomed in NYC ...

Anonymous said...

My husband and I hope to be moving to seattle in 2-3 years. Can't wait to see more of this beautiful place!f

Happy Chick said...

Unbelievable photos. Like a fairy tale. I've never been to Washington...this makes me want to go! I may have to put a link to this on my site, www.findthehappy.blogspot.com. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like such a wonderful, relaxing day! The cherry blossoms are beautiful, it looks so dreamy.

Penney said...

what great pix! gorgeous trees in bloom...
xo, Penney

Carrie said...

Those are great pictures! The cherry blossoms look so full!