Dinner Last Night: Beef Biryani and Samosas with Apple Chutney

I'm trying to widen my kids and my family's culinary palette by trying new recipes at home that are unfamiliar to me and frankly a bit outside my comfort zone. I've found success in this by following recipes of bloggers and instagrammers whose recipes are consistently tasty, and adapting them to fit our dinner time routine.  Smitten Kitchen, Pinch of Yum, and Dinner, A Love Story are favorites when it comes to recipe consistency.

Last night, we tried Beef Biryani a la Pinch of Yum along with Indian Samosas and Apple Chutney (recipe c/o Tiffani Thiessen's cookbook, Pull Up A Chair).  I save these kinds of labor intensive, multi-course meals for weekends when I have my husband home to help out with the kids, so I can focus on prepping throughout the day.  I like to add in a kitchen hack here and there when it saves time or additional steps.  For example, I don't make my own samosa dough, I used frozen and defrosted puff pastry dough.  This goes over better with my kids as they like the fluffiness of puff pastry and saves me time and energy.  Plus, this apple chutney from Tiffani Thiessen's cookbook is sooo delicious!  It might be my favorite part of this entire meal.

image/pinchofyum

No comments