Audiobook Switch

Ever since having kids, I have a renewed interest in the audiobook.  I probably hadn't listened to a legit audiobook since my family took our annual summer road trips to rural Oregon when we were kids, bulky set of audio cassettes in tow.  However, these days, audiobooks are significantly easier to obtain, borrow, and buy, with the added luxury that bulky CDs and listening accessories are no longer necessary.  
For a while, I did the audible route.  You've likely heard of audible as they've dominated the audiobook market until recently.  After a few months, I grew weary of the high cost per book and began looking into other audiobook options that were A). both more affordable and B). supported small businesses in my local community.  

Enter - libro.fm.  Have you heard of them?  I hadn't either, but they're brilliant!  Libro.fm is your independent bookstore for digital audiobooks.  The same, easy, downloadable audiobooks you know and love fo cheaper AND Libro.fm works with independent bookstores to create co-branded audiobook storefronts.  When signing up, you select a bookstore in your local/preferred community, which will received earnings with each book sale. Basically, your audiobook listening benefits small bookstores in your local community.  Audible for sure doesn't do that!  Plus, to sign up today use the code "SWITCH" to get 3 audiobooks for the price of one. 
Here are a few of my recent favorites - and note, I'm a stickler for a good narrator.  I've been known to return many a book where the narrator did not fully capture my attention.

+ A Place for Us by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Educated by Tara Westover

+ Inheritance by Dani Shapiro

+ Unmarriageable by Soniah Kamal

+ Blood, Bones, and Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton

+ Becoming by Michelle Obama

+ At Home in the World by Tsh Oxenreider

+ Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens

+ Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis

+ Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

And - for kids' books, there's also an enormous library!  My recommendation, Matilda by Roald Dahl (narrated by Kate Winslet).

So, there you go!  You ready to make the #audiobookswitch to libro.fm?

No comments