2018 Goals Recap

Well, here we are again.  2019 is 3 months in, and I'm just recapping my 2018 goals now.  I guess it's a slight improvement on last year, where I didn't get around to documenting until June - halfway through the year!

Here were my goals and how I did...

1. start journaling again 
I started journaling, but not super frequently, however a start is a start, amiright?

2. get outside as often as possible 
Yes, we have improved significantly on getting outside, regardless of weather (rain, shine, sun, and snow)

3. make cinnamon bread (my daughter has been asking to make this since we read this favorite book) 
I'm embarrassed to say we haven't done this yet...

4. paint my nails more often 
Yes, I do.  However, I often "forget" and write a note in my planner that says "paint nails tonight."  Is this a sign of getting old?

5. celebrate the little things 
YES!  With a few acquaintances getting some life changing news this year, I'm definitely striving to celebrate the little things and not sweat the small stuff

6. work out at least 3-4 days a week 
Yes and no. I have done better at exercising, some running, mostly cardio at home, but I find I do this in spurts.  A great stretch for 30 days and then I take time off, and then another 2 months, and then time off.  Need to improve on consistency

7. make smarter eating choices (avoid the sugar) 
Trying, not always succeeding.  Weekly meal planning and avoiding shopping while hungry certainly helps.

8. try and limit checking my email/social media to time before my kids are awake / rest time / after bedtime (i.e. avoid being on my phone in front of my kids) 
Yes, I implemented the new screen time limits on iPhone on my phone, so I get warnings when I'm approaching my daily time limit and have to ask for permission to extend the deadline. 

9. cut myself some slack (underlined three times)
I try...always a work in progress.

10. get a new instagram account for the blog up and running
Yes, come follow along over at @our_lovely_little_life

11. read 70 books (my current goal on Goodreads)
You guys...I was soooo close!  68/70 for 2018.  Which, if I do say myself is pretty damn good.  That's more than 1 book per week.  Favorites included A Place for Us, Educated, This is How It Always Is, and Where the Crawdads Sing.

12. save $--- for my destination travel fund, always inspired by this blog
We have saved, would like to save more...

Yes, I had a very productive last few months of 2018.

14. make montage videos for my kids' birthdays
Still working on it.  

15. try more savory (international) options for breakfast (getting sick of boring ol' granola over here)
We do a lot of sausage + hash browns; yogurt, granola, and honey, and baked oatmeal these day, so widening our palette, though most days they prefer Rice Krispies (go figure)

16. make pita bread from scratch for this favorite dinner which we always have in rotation 
I didn't make pita bread, but I did make a flat bread for a lamb flatbread recipe in Tasting Paris, I'll call that a win.

17. sub a few times this year (getting back in the swing of teaching, as I miss it so)
I did.  Admittedly only twice, but hey, better than nothing!  My hat is back in the ring!

18. enjoy every little moment. stop. look. listen. breathe.
Yes.  Always working on this one.  

Stay tuned for 2019 goals, coming soon!

No comments