Lent

Do you observe Lent?  Guess what I'm giving up this year...
Social media (with the exception of blogging)...  Yep.  No Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc. for 40 days.  It's kind of liberating actually.  I deleted both apps from my phone and slowly my browser history is replacing those sites from my favorites composite.  I did remind a dear friend of mine who is 39 weeks pregnant to please text or call me when she has her baby since I may miss any other media related announcements!

Funnily enough, I've been getting these emails from facebook that read "You've missed out all all of these notifications that read something to the effect of "Here's what you've missed!  Random person commented on your random acquaintance's post!"  Haha.  

Do you observe Lent? If so, what are you giving up or doing for these 40 days?

image/bloom

3 comments

Anonymous said...

No social media - that is brave!! Good luck!!

Lea said...

You are BRAVE! I don't celebrate lent, but I should! Can't wait to hear how it went. Good luck!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

That is a great thing to give up! I don't do Facebook on my phone (because I don't like the app very much) so that really cuts down on how much I go on. We'll have to get together soon and I can let you know if anything interesting has come up on social media!