Weekend Baking: Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp

Call it nesting, call it extreme productivity, or something in between...but lately I've been getting these culinary aspirations to whip up multi-course meals, namely entrees through dessert.  This is not a daily, or even weekly occurrence by any means, but my burst of energy this Sunday night resulted in this scrumptious meal: black bean and butternut squash tacos (in honor of Cinco de Mayo) followed by Ina Garten's strawberry rhubarb crisp.  I always seem to miss rhubarb's short season, so this year, I was determined to bake at least something with this tart, delicious fruit.  
All in all - a decent little meal, thank you very much!  Now I'm laid up on the couch in a food coma, but given the ample kicking post-dinner, I'm pretty sure baby enjoyed the dinner as well. :)

image/myphotos

6 comments

Sarah Alway said...

Oh those tacos look so yummy! We had fajitas last night in honor of Cinco de Mayo. :-)

Anonymous said...

yum! that looks great!

Leslie said...

I love rhubarb! I think I need to make this too. :)

Ann said...

Looks so delish...
love rhubarb.

Alexa said...

Oh goodness that looks absolutely delicious!

molly pinto said...

this looks amazing! I have a strawberry rhubarb pie recipe I've been meaning to try but I might just make this...also, can it be peach season already?!