Thoughts

I feel like this blog merits a few words of solemnity in the wake of what happened in Boston yesterday.  Prior to the events, I had pre-written entries scheduled to post about trivial topics such as baking, baby supplies, and my favorite things.  But as this moment, those posts seem superfluous and thin in light of the grief people are feeling about this tragic event.

I always feel deeply saddened when something like this happens. I find myself fighting the overwhelming urge to wrap up in a thick blanket and disappear into the folds of my bed; torn between wanting to watch the news for information to explain said events, while simultaneously overcome by a sense of urgency to turn everything off and wish the reality of the sadness away.

For me these feelings feelings often linger for days, weeks, more...  The unrelenting and often overwhelming fear that we try to move on from as we choose to see the light over the darkness, while still knowing that the darkness still exists out there.  

I just pray that somehow this wave of violence ceases, it seems to be so present in our lives these days, flooding our inboxes, feeds, and channels via every medium of news.  I can only hope and pray that my daughter will know a world where she feels safe, protected, and secure from the violence that was experienced by so many yesterday.  My thoughts and prayers are with them.

image/bbb

5 comments

henning love said...

it is always hard to believe that something like the bombing yesterday, we think we are safe in our country and bad things dont happen here but unfortunately they do. i fear for the world that my children whenever that time comes for my husband and i. i pray too that the wave of violence will cease too, it is becoming more constant i feel and that just breaks my heart more

Sarah Alway said...

Thanks for posting this. When things like this happen I always get so depressed and overwhelmed by the state of humanity. It's always an important reminder not to take anyone or anything for granted.

Melanie said...

Exactly.

Everythings Always Sunny said...

So glad you posted this. Thank you. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone.

http://everythingsalwayssunny.com
Kristin
xx

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

My deepest prayers are with Boston. It's so, so sad. Your post was very well said!
Isn’t That Charming.