Quarantine Recs: Wit & Whimsy

I've loved Here For You's suggestions of daily activities intended to encourage, distract, bring joy, or inspire hope, thus, I'm starting a list of my own.

First up, the instagram account, @meghandono. I've been a longtime follower of the charming blog, Wit & Whimsy, but only recently started following Meghan on instagram and her stories are bringing me so much joy! Meghan is the founder of a company called, Paris Perfected, which creates curated itineraries for Parisian getaways.

She lives in Brooklyn Heights and posts beautiful details from her walks around her neighborhood every day. Everything from gorgeous front stoops, murals on boarded up storefronts, tiny signs of spring, rainbow art in windows, all of it is engaging and hopeful. When I watch her stories, I feel like I'm out on a walk with a friend. 

She also posts many pictures from her travels to Paris, including a virtual visit to Paris for the day. I spent a good hour indulging in this exceptionally detailed virtual itinerary, distracting myself from my anxious thoughts in a cloud of wanderlust. While it makes me ache for when we can travel again, it was a lovely escape, which I highly recommend.

image/wit&whimsy

No comments