Last Great Book I Read

I don't think I can say enough good things about this book, Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.  When I sought out book recommendations a few weeks ago, a few of you suggested this title.  I'd never heard of the author, and to be honest I was really not impressed by the cover art (yes, I know, don't judge a book by its cover and all that, but sometimes it's hard not to…).  

Anyway, I bit the bullet, and bought it on my kindle.  The first chapter didn't instantly captivate me, however a few pages in something happened; characters developed, plots thickened, and this beautiful, unusual story unfolded before me.  I found myself eager to read, seeking out free minutes to pick up where I last left off - always a sure sign of a genuinely good book.  And lastly, once it ended, I found myself still continuing to think about it.  In a nutshell it had all my hallmarks of a must read: thought provoking, moving, memorable.  Go for it!






9 comments

Lindsay said...

So glad you read and loved it too! It is one of those books that stays with you for awhile.

Happily Ever Parker said...

I'm reading it right now and I am a little more than halfway! Lov when a book leaves you wanting more!

Linda said...

I'm loving Moyes's books right now. I just finished The Husband's Secret and really liked it too.

Andrea said...

I really enjoyed this book too! I keep debating if I should read some of Moyes' other books, but am currently halfway through "What Alice Forgot" which I am surprisingly enjoying (took me a few chapters!)

Mary said...

So happy you liked it too! Now go read The Girl You Left Behind. It's wonderful!

Always Maylee said...

Sounds like it's a great read!

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Jenny said...

I've been judging this book by it's cover for awhile now. I'll have to pick it up!

Hena Tayeb said...

This was the last great book I read too.. and I agree even though we say don't judge a book by the cover sometimes you just can't help it.

Gaby said...

I am so guilty of judging a book by its cover! But I don't mind this one. I'll have to look it up!