I'm falling behind on my posts...
1. You’ve discovered your hands! While you’ve already been captivated by your thumb, you’ve made the recent discovery of your hands. You hold one over the other, knitting them together in your grasp as if to say a tiny prayer. This hand holding alternates pretty steadily with tucking them in your mouth, your whole fist sometimes!
2. You still adore your changing pad, especially around the bewitching hours of 5-6 o’clock. We place you on there, lock eyes with us, and there’s this spark in your pupils as you begin your kicking, reaching, “flailing” routine, it’s like an above water swim or something. Both Daddy and I can recognize that spark in your eyes, it’s as if you’re showing off your mad skills. We look forward to this every night.
3. You’ve begun to grasp at everything! The toys hanging from your play mat, the tassles on mommy’s hoodie, my hair, and may I say you’ve got quite a grip! It’s amazing how the world is coming alive to you, things you used to just look at are now becoming objects you can touch and connect with. It’s amazing to see you grow and interact with your world.
4. Since about 6 or 7 weeks, you’ve been quite the talker, but you save your true personality for mom and dad. It’s funny, because others will try to cajole a smile out of you, and while you often oblige, it’s as if you’re saving your true colors for us. Your laugh, giggles, sweet smile, and wiggles, we love to make you smile, it melts our hearts every time.
5. You’ve almost rolled over! You’re more interested in rolling back to front than front to pack. Your latest move: lay on your back, arch your back and twist, thus propelling your body on its side. Just one little elbow tucked underneath stands in your way from a full body roll over. It’s bound to happen soon!
6. You’re such a happy girl! You light up whenever your dad comes home. When we hear the keys turn in the door, and his footsteps in the hall, you look up and around, and reward him with a big gummy smile when he walks in the room. It’s priceless!
7. Your noises have multiplied! From cries to “cat calls” to chirps and gargles, your range of sounds and vocals has quadrupled. We love hearing you talk, babble, and communicate with us.
8. You’re a copy cat! One of your favorite things to mimic is sticking out your tongue! We stick our tongue out at you, and instantly you’re mesmerized; intently studying and watching, before you try this “trick” yourself. Another move you enjoy mimicking is when we roll our “R’s” and you gargle back, that and blowing raspberries…you love to copy us blowing your lips together to make us laugh.
9. Sitting up! The Bumbo is your new best friend, although it’s a tight squeeze with a cloth diaper on (haha). You enjoy sitting up on the counter, giving you the best vantage point in town as we make dinner.
10. You have the cutest way of crossing your feet as you lay on your back. You rest one foot atop the other, and often switching back and forth as you wiggle and play. At night, in you snooze in your crib, we can see the two little feet, nestled across each other in the bottom of your sleep sack.