Victory!

This weekend was epic in Washington football. My alma mater the University of Washington Huskies defeated #3 ranked USC in the ultimate Pac-10 upset of the season! USC is a tough-to-beat, all-star team that historically pretty much destroys everyone and everything in their path. Led by our new coach Sarkisian and QB Jake Locker, the Huskies managed to out-match the Trojans 16-13 at home. Now USC is out of the top 10, and Washington is ranked (for the first time in 6 years). Quite a milestone!

Seattle was a frenzy of excitement Saturday evening, with the new catchphrase "Bark for Sark," on everyone's lips! It was a great day to be a Husky!!

image/uscjerseys

6 comments

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Bow down to Washington!!!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Wasn't it amazing!!!

{ CopyStrands } said...

This was a great game! My husband and brother-in-law went to it and even made Komo 4 News afterward with their excited post-game cheering. You can see the video on my blog. Go UW!

Meghan said...

Tell me about it!! Such an amazing game!

Did you know my brother??? Pat Conniff...? He played when they went to the rose bowl in 2001

Kim said...

When it comes to Washington football, I'm a Cougs fan (the boyfriend's brother goes to WSU), but I AM SO FREAKING GLAD WASHINTGON BEAT U$C I CANNOT EVEN TELL YOU!!!

Megan @ Lovely Happenings said...

My dad called me just to let me know UW actually get beat them. Nice work but I am a believe believer! OSU!!!