Speaking for Autism

In this day and age, autism is increasingly in the forefront. Today, it is estimated that one in every 150 children born is diagnosed with autism. Being an elementary educator, I've encountered many students with Autistic Spectrum Disorders. Working together to provide for and support children with autism is something I strongly believe in, Autism Speaks in particular is a charity I support and give to every year. I'm fond of these posters promoting Autism awarness by the Rugh Family Workshop. I can relate the content of these artistic representations to the uniquely creative thinking of students I've worked with.

"The Rugh Family Workshop was started by Jaime & Jeffrey Rugh for their children. Collaborating as artists with family, old friends and new friends, the workshop started making posters to promote awareness, support and compassion for individuals, families, and communities living with Autism Spectrum Disorders. The posters vary widely in range, focus and design as does the spectrum itself."

images/rughfamilyworkshop
via/designmom

No comments