If I Went To...New York City

 Lately I've been dreaming of planning a trip back to the ever-exciting, ever-intriguing, New York City.  My sister and I were back for a day last Spring just before our youngest sister's graduation, but it was not nearly enough time.  

On my dream vacation (with an unlimited budget, of course) I would stay at The Hotel on Rivington, I mean, wow!  Along with a visit by Balthazar Bakery for some hazelnut hot chocolate and a croissant, a stroll through Brooklyn Bridge Park, and dinner at Prune, cheffed by the author of my fave latest reads, Blood, Bones, and Butter.

What are your favorite things to do in New York City?  
A girl can never have too many suggestions for a dream trip...

6 comments

Erica said...

I always love getting some tea and vanilla scones at Harney & Sons, walking around Eataly, finding new bakeries & cafes, a burger at shake shack and going to museums on their free days! (you can tell I'm usually on a budget.)

Hitha said...

Too many! Tea at Tea & Sympathy, indulgent brunch at 10 Downing (the sunny side up eggs + jalapeño grits are amazing), happy hours in Hell's Kitchen (Empanada Mama is my favorite), Sunday night bingo at The Standard, bike ride & picnic in Central Park, oysters and prosecco at Red Eye Grill, SoHo stroll (and a visit to the Young Designers Market on Sundays), walks across the Brooklyn Bridge, hitting up the Hell's Kitchen Flea Market, the food trucks and a walk on the High Line, wine tasting at Appellation in Chelsea, any meal at Cookshop, pizza at Artichoke Bastille, drinks at the Hudson Terrace...is it apparent that I love my city??

Ashlee Gadd said...

Sigh. I love New York. Please add to your dream trip breakfast at Norma's and shopping at Chelsea Market.

Anonymous said...

That hotel looks amazing. Wow is right! :)

-Shelly
Quiet Luxury


Erin {pughs' news} said...

I'll let you know my suggestions when I get back... Am heading to NYC next Tuesday!!! Yay!

Holly said...

that rooftop tub is awesome!

in nyc i really loved having late night drinks at the standard, top floor of a hotel with an amazing view from the toilets! i also recommend lunch at pastis. cupcakes and beer at sweet revenge is always fun. actually cupcakes at butter lane are great too! shoppping at fishs eddy, abc home and uniqlo are a must!