Dinner Last Night: Cream of Potato Soup

Anyone who knows me know that potatoes are my all-time favorite food.  Hands down!   Mashed, scallops, au gratin, french fries, hash browns, baked, and everything in between, including cream of potato soup.  I've made my way through a handful of potato soup recipes and haven't really been wowed enough to repeat any of them.  But this one's a keeper + it utilizes one of my favorite kitchen tools - the handy-dandy crockpot, which makes it even more appealing in my book.

Add a bit of crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar, and green onions, on top, and holy potato, was it good!  (Note: if you plan to make leftovers, store bacon/toppings in a separate container than soup, otherwise bacon gets gross & soggy - no megusta!).

image/myrecipes

6 comments

Chrissy + Nate said...

Yum! You're a potato lover like me! I've been looking for a homemade potato recipe, so thank you for this! I'll definitely be trying it!

rooth said...

Very nice! I don't have a crockpot but could alter it to work with a dutch oven

Nicole Marie said...

me too!!!! potatoes are my favorite food!! literally anything made out of potatoes i LOVE!

hannah love said...

WOW, this looks amazing. I love potatoes as well... and it's amazing how many different things you can do with them.

Lea said...

Don't you just lOVE the crockpot? I only wish I discovered it much earlier in life! This potato soup looks amazing! I will have to give it a try. Comforting and yummy! Have a great week. ( :

Leslie said...

That looks so yummy! Yay for potatoes. :)