Froyo & A Movie

My husband and I had frozen yogurt & a movie date night last night, a variation on your usual "dinner and a movie."  The froyo was excellent by the way - Menchie's is the latest and greatest thing to grace Seattle - a city that was seriously lacking in frozen yogurt for too many years.   My husband went for sweet: cheesecake + caramel while I opted for chocolate + pistachio swirl.  Delish!
Post froyo, we watched 50/50, starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Seth Rogan, and Anna Kendrick.  The  movie is about Adam (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), a successful 27-year old guy diagnosed with a rare form of spinal cancer and how his life is affected post-diagnosis.  Seth Rogan is superb as the there-for-you sidekick to Adam, providing welcome comic relief to Adam in his time of need. Anna Kendrick is pleasantly neurotic as Adam's psychiatrist, disclosing the fact that he's only her third patient ever during their first session.  The movie is well done, plus the bonus of a well paired soundtrack.  As whole - I felt the story to be honest, fairly realistic, and the characters were well developed.  Definitely check it out!
All in all - a great little date night!

7 comments

Natalie said...

What a fun date! I've been wanting to see 50/50. Have a great rest of your weekend!

Lea said...

My husband has been wanting to rent 50/50! I am happy to read your review because I was iffy about it! Gonna watch this weekend. Thx!

rooth said...

Sounds like a lovely time - glad you enjoyed your weekend

Mary said...

I really enjoyed that movie as well. Sounds like a good weekend!

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Sounds like a great date night! Fro yo is my favvvvv : ) And lately I can't say no to any of the toppings, so each of my bowls end up being like $14 ha ha.

Ben & Cassie said...

I love both of those things! I cried like a baby in 50/50, who knew a seth rogan movie could be touching! haha, just stumbled upon your blog and love your simple and adorable posts! Definitely your newest follower!

Unknown said...

Glad to see couples enjoying the same food and never gets tired of eating it, over the years. I assume that you and your husband have different topping choices, right? Anyway, froyo is a healthy food choice for a movie date. Continue healthy eating!

-Chad Parker @ FreshAndHealthyBrands