Smash

Have you seen Smash?  I know, I know, I was skeptical at first too...  And the last thing I need is another TV show to follow.  My initial thoughts upon seeing previews were, "hmm, another Glee? really?"  But I have since drastically changed my tune.  This past weekend, I wasn't feeling so hot - hence, plenty of downtime on my hands, so I decided to check out Smash.  

OMG, it is incredible!  I was a Glee fan at the beginning, but this is 10-times better!  Katharine McPhee is phenomenal as the main character!  Most of the songs original songs and oh-so-catchy, I've caught myself singing them a few times sporadically.  I'd definitely go see "Marilyn" the musical, would you?

image/nbc

9 comments

Chrissy + Nate said...

It is SO good! And I would definitely see "Marilyn" too! I still can't believe they chose Ivy over Karen... UGH! She is such a better singer!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I'm a big fan! And the blonde girl is from Bellevue! With Steven Spielberg backing this show I have a feeling it will go to broadway...

Sarah said...

I would definitely go see Marilyn too. I never got into Glee. The concept behind Smash is great. I am not sure how real to life it is, but fun to watch how they put together a show. The music is fun too.

LKF said...

I am Team Iowa! I'm obsessed with Smash! I would definitely see it on Broadway if Katherine McPhee was starring in it. I wrote about it here: http://www.bmoredomestic.blogspot.com/2012/03/my-latest-obsession.html

rooth said...

I haven't seen this show but have seen all the ads - good to know that people do enjoy it!

Marisa Seguin said...

I was originally skeptical at first, too, but I am loving all of the original songs! I love how they mix the workshop sessions with the full-on Broadway routines.

(Although, I thought the cover of Shake it Off on the most recent episode was abysmal).

Alexa said...

OH I have heard good things...I'll have to check it out!

Patrice said...

OH, I really love Smash, too! One day while working on the computer I just put it on to pass the time and have been hooked ever since!

Lea said...

I have to give this another shot! I tried it once and couldn't get through it but everyone seems to love it! Being an entertainer in NY for 8 years, it just seemed a little far fetched. But hey! It's entertainment right? By the way it IS going to Broadway! ( :