A New Hobby

I'm pretty excited today because I just joined a weekly photography club! I have always love, love, loved taking pictures. I am a total tourist in foreign destinations, my camera is either in my hands or glued to my side. Yes, I'm a cliche, but I don't care, I savor the results once the trip has long since ended, and all I'm left with are albums full of lovely vacation moments. My friend Lyssa invited me photography club she was a member of, and I am so thankful to have this creative outlet. Every week there's a new assignment or "challenge" to tackle with film. This week is macro (otherwise known as zoomed in). And never fear, I'll be posting some of my shots in the near future. image/antiroom

10 comments

Anonymous said...

That's great, I can't wait to see your photographs!

Anonymous said...

Exciting!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

That's awesome! Sounds like fun

Anonymous said...

oh exciting

Rachel said...

I can't wait to see your photos!

Anonymous said...

Fun! I've been wanting to get involved in something like that (not necessarily photography, just a club of some kind). Good luck with your photos!

s.i. michaels said...

I so feel like this is something that would really give me the kick in the pants I know I need to improve my photography. If only there was time.

Sara Christine said...

What a great idea, I've never heard of a photography club! I recently inherited my Mom's old Nikon film camera and it's a little intimidating. Plus I fear a film camera would make for a much more expensive hobby than digital. But I'm anxious to give it a try. Can't wait to see your photos!!

Lyssa said...

Yay!! So glad you joined in the fun!!

Callie Grayson said...

yeah! how fun!
I can't wait to see some of your photography.... I love photography, one of my obsessions. I love to get lost in an image.