In the City

I love the hustle and bustle of the city; the fact that your bakery, restaurant, grocer, and convenience store lie just around the corner. I'm particularly fond of my own city - Seattle, but other favorites include New York City, San Francisco, Amsterdam, and London. I am drawn to these whimsical, cartoon cityscapes by matteart. The busy bustle of Damrak Street in Amsterdam, and the chaotic jungle that is New York City. Would be a fun print to hang in a child's room or in a guest bathroom. His work seems the kind that renders more unseen details the longer you stare at it. images/etsy via ffffound

11 comments

Magatha-May said...

I love city life too. I wish I was living in the city and not just out in the suburbs.

My heart lies in London and Paris.

erin said...

i couldn't agree more. thanks for sharing these paintings.

marlenedesigner said...

Love the artwork and city life as well, either Miami where I live now or my home city, Havana, old and beautiful.

Lizzy said...

Those are so great. Love the colors! I like the city but could never live there, that's why I live close enough that San Fran is only a BART trip away!

Amanda said...

Love his work too- I saw it some time ago, it's so fun!

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

great art! i'm a city girl too, but only small cities or big cities with history, not so keen on industial ones :)

Rachel said...

I love how personable those little houses look - so cheerful!

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the Madeline books...

stefanie said...

super cute prints! i'm heading to san francisco next month and would love some suggestions if you (or anyone!) has been!

Callie Grayson said...

how sweet these images are!

Laura said...

Your post inspired my post for tomorrow. I'm headed out of town for work, but I have it set to post tomorrow at 10, if you want to check it out. Thanks for the inspiration!