No More Pencils, No More Books...

School's out for summer! Yes, it's true, today is the last day of school.

The last day of school is always bittersweet. The students are oozing energy and excitement, literally wiggling in their seats until those last minutes of their current grade level tick away. But it's sad as a teacher, knowing that this truly is the very last time I'll have this particular group of wonderful students all together in one room. The dynamic of a class is so different every year, and the camaraderie you cultivate from September through June truly comes to a concluding culmination on the last day of school.

I already am finding myself a bit teary, already missing my little 2nd graders that came to me bouncing off the walls, so young and full of life. And today they leave; taller, smarter, and more self assured, ready to tackle the challenges of 3rd grade. All in all - a fabulous year!

image/flickr

2 comments