Yellow

I've really been into the all things yellow lately...not sure if it's my wishful thinking that Spring will come early, or just I've been seeing bursts of yellow in storefront windows and I'm feeling inspired. Now let me preface by saying, yellow is not really my color. Blue and green are my go-to colors. If I find a top I adore, I'll usually pick it up in one of those colors because on my fair coloring, it works. Yellow on the other hand, often does not!

As I was collecting these pictures I pondered, I really don't own many pieces of clothing with yellow in them. Now that I mentally count, I can think of well...3. But lately I've been really intrigued, inspired, and motivated to try on all things yellow.

What is your go-to color?

images/anthropologie

12 comments

Unknown said...

Lovely picks! I envy those who can pull of the color, but my pale skin never does it justice. My go to colors are blue and purple.

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I can't wear yellow, it makes me look very sick. I love the color though, it's so cheery!
I love the dresses in the top two pictures, so cute!

Jenni said...

I am the same way....but white on top, yellow on bottom with the red sash could work lovely!

Melanie's Randomness said...

I wish I could pull off wearing yellow. I love the lil yellow coat in the 2nd to last picture!

E said...

I always get stuff in white...although I've got really fair skin too and shouldn't. It always washes me out.

Mustard yellow is great in a skirt...you could add one of your favorite colors in the top and have your cake and eat it too :)

Oh, My Darling said...

Oh, I really love that dress in the middle. The red sash is such a nice touch.

Vivi said...

Yellow = the color of happiness. Love all of these...

Jen said...

My go-to color, truthfully, is black because it goes with everything, but I'm trying to get a little more color in my wardrobe, so blue is my "colorful" go-to color.

Nicole Marie said...

i've been wanting a yellow coat so bad!

Keri said...

i love love looove all these dresses. very pretty. yellow can definitely go very wrong though
keri
http://strength-thru-love.blogspot.com/

the southern hostess said...

I can't quite pull off yellow, but it doesn't stop me from trying. Great finds!

tam pham said...

yellow is my fave color. it just makes me happy.