Photo Future

I am a scrapbook (dare I say the word...) whore. I have so many scrapbooks filled to the brim with photos + flair, dating back to middle school, it's not even funny. Being the scrapbook fiend that I am, I'm also now desperately trying to transfer precious family's photos from the pre-digital age into digitized form for safe keeping. As you know if you've tried, the scanner is a labor-intensive tool, and a mere 100 photos could take an hour...

While browsing this month's Real Simple, I came upon a startling discovery. There is a website - ScanCafe.com where you can send your photographs and get them back in digitized form. They even guarantee the quality and safety of your photos because don't we know how these memories are truly one of a kind and irreplacable. Although, I think I'm willing to risk it, considering all photos are scanned by hand, and you can fit 1,200 images to a DVD...Pretty intriguing.

Anyone ever used this site before? I'm curious to learn more...

image

7 comments

Meg said...

I havent tried scansafe.com maybe one of these days. Thanks for sharing. :)

Caroline said...

I love scrap booking!! One of my favorite things!! xo

Vivian said...

very useful tool!!! i should do more with all my pictures...

Jen said...

I posted about that Real Simple suggestion a few weeks ago! I'm thinking about trying it when I get around to organizing my photos. After I organize the rest of my life...

Unknown said...

Ooo...that is SO amazing! I've often wondered if I should invest the time into scanning all my old photos so that I never have to worry about them being lost or ruined.

Fantastic find! :)

Vivian said...

Are you really coming to Japan in the summer??? Please let me know!! If you do come to Kobe, Osaka or Kyoto, I think I should go meet up for a little blogger coffee ;)

Kim said...

I haven't used ScanSafe, but a very good friend of mine used to have a company that did this same thing, and they were reliable! (They closed due to being a brand new company in the crappy economy)

All I know is it can get pricey!!