My Weekend

My weekend was low key, just as I'd hoped. Friday night, my boyfriend and I had date night out at Serious Pie renown for it's inventive, delicious pizza! I went for the truffle cheese + chantrelle mushroom (heavenly), and he had the housemade salumi and spices. With drinks, 2 cannoli and 1 gift card later, we ended up paying less than $15 out of pocket - sweet!

Saturday I cleaned my house from top to bottom while watching a childhood fave movie - Troop Beverly Hills, tell me you've heard of it! Beverly Hills, what a thrill! Beverly Hills what a thrill! Ah it brought me back to sleepovers of years past.
After some of my teacher friends came over, and we got ready together for the annual benefit auction for our school. One 6-course meal and hours of mingling later, I was exhausted.

On Sunday I joined a new gym, had coffee with a friend, and enjoyed myself at a Superbowl party before jetting over to my parents for my little sister's goodbye party - she leaves for Sydney, Australia for the semester on Tuesday! So excited for her! All in all - an eventful but low key weekend.

Mexico in T-Minus 5 days!!!

20 comments

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I loved that movie when I was younger, I guess I still love it :)

I ♥ You said...

Phyllis Nefler is my hero. That movie is awesome. And I think it is so funny that little Hannah Nefler grew up to bet the lead singer of my favorite band - Rilo Kiley!

Lillian C said...

Ohmygosh, I must pay a visit to Serious Pie (if I ever get the chance).
Thank you so much for visiting my blog!! :)
Looks like we have much of the same interests (ie: food and travel...and good company, of course :). I'll definitely be checking back in!
How exciting that you're going to Mexico - be sure to eat lots of tacos and tortas and ceviche and lobsters!! :)

heather{land} said...

sadly have never heard of that movie (but this coming from the girl who had never heard/seen Cutting Edge until you)....but so glad you had a relatively low-key weekend! Happy Monday :)

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Love that movie too!
Glad you had a nice weekend!

MaryBeth Houlihan said...

that pizza looks soooo good! i am craving that right now. :)

huebscher said...

paige: no. way.
that is unbelievable, and yet somehow actually believable — I *love* jenny lewis!

and t-b-h, too — good viewing choice. sounds like a lovely weekend.

Kim said...

Best. Movie. Ever.

E said...

Shelley Long with orange hair...yes, I loved that movie!

Melanie's Randomness said...

Serious Pie? That's an amazing name for a pizza place!! I remember that movie. Do the "Freddy". lol!

Christine Vi said...

That looks delicious and what a steal to pay less than $15!

Unknown said...

I loved that movie! :) How fun! :)

Nicole Marie said...

oh my gosh i want that pizza!!!

Nicole Marie said...

i have a nikon d40 and a normal point and shoot. i use picnik to edit my pics!

Liz said...

OH. MY. GOSH. Truffle cheese and chantrelle mushroom pizza?! that sounds insanely delicious! And Troop Beverly Hills? That was so one of my all time favorite childhood movies :) Too funny! "Beverly Hills, what a thrill!"

Stevie said...

Serious Pie is SOOOOOOOOOOO good. I must return. I could eat pizza every day of my life.

Troop Beverly Hills totally brings me back to my childhood! And like Paige said in the second comment, YAY JENNY LEWIS! It's so funny to watch that movie now after I've seen her perform several times with Rilo Kiley and on her own. So fun :-)

Mahta said...

I am from Iran . I found your blog today. It's excellent and I very like it is.
I link it to My weblog:)

Carissa Thilgen said...

sounds like a fantastic weekend! the crust on that pizza looks amazing and I love Troop Beverly Hills!

Brittany said...

love that movie! i recently rediscovered it with my younger sisters and it was still as great as i remembered.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

First off that movie is AMAZING, and secondly I have heard so many great things about Serious Pies, but I haven't been there yet!!