LLT's First Blog Interview

I'm kicking off the first (of hopefully many) blogger interviews. Since I started my blog a little less than a year and a half ago, I've had the privilege of discovering so many other intriguing, inspiring, and creative bloggers in this blog world we all know and love. My first blog interview is with Thao of the lovely Prosecco and Lemonade.

1. What quotation best reflects you and what you’re all about? "I believe that man will not merely endure. He will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance."--W. Faulkner (I hold on to this belief as well, especially now, during these times.)

2. What is your current blog crush? I don't know how she does it, but Hello, Lolla always finds the most beautiful, inspiring images. And she happens to be eloquent to boot!

3. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? I would pay off my student loans immediately. And then I would buy a little beach house with a guest cottage and encourage our friends and family to visit. We'd spoil them as much as possible. Dan and I would take walks in the warm sand, our skin salty-sticky from the sea, and we'd learn to sail. In the afternoons, he'd play guitar on the front porch while I read curled up in my daybed. When it rains, we'd make guacamole and drink Prosecco until we're warm and giddy and inspired. And when we get restless, we'd just pack a suitcase and go jet-setting wherever we pleased.

4. What is your favorite movie? Why? I know it's a cliche, but I adore Casablanca. There's just something about an old black and white movie: the rich roundness of the picture, the glowy quality of the faces, the twinkly slow music and the succinct dialogue. Then you add an exotic locale, drunk expatriates, Peter Lorre, and fierce French patriotism? It's a winner.

5. What is your favorite thing to smell cooking in the kitchen? Every time I go home to visit, my grandmother makes a big batch of chili pepper crabs. They're so spicy and aromatic--and the taste is even better than the smell.

6. What do you miss most about childhood? I miss the moments before falling asleep, when my dreams were so close that they were practically real. I would lay there imagining that I was flying through treetops or riding dinosaurs--my dream life was so much fun. Now I tend to run through the day's worries before I go to sleep, which is not fun at all.

7. What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen? In Vietnam, I once climbed these rickety rope bridges to get to a huge waterfall in the middle of the mountains. High stone walls encircled the pool at the bottom and it created this quiet piece of Paradise. It was so beautiful that beautiful seems like a trivial word for it.

8. If your life were a movie, what song would play during opening credits? Joni Mitchell's All I Want.

Thank you Thao for your time and effort. Look for more blogger interviews to come!

image/ffffound

8 comments

Lizzy said...

Hurray on your first blog interview! So exciting, I just loves these :)

joy refurbished said...

Great interview. Both the questions and the answers were well thought out. Good job!

Nicole Marie said...

cute interview! i too would buy a beach house if i won the lottery!

Anonymous said...

how fun! xo.

Vanessa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love reading blogger interviews :-) Looking forward to reading more!

Vivian said...

i love blog interviews!! she sounds so sweet, i checked out her blog, so thanks for introducing her! looking forward to the next blog interviews!

dee said...

I adore this interview! The dreaming bit... and her grandmother's chili... You asked perfect questions. I'm looking forward to more of these:)