Happy Weekend

Happy weekend! I'm very happy it's Friday. I've been having a hard time getting up at 5:15 AM everyday after a week of no school and the luxury of sleeping in.

This weekend I'm spending some quality time with my wonderful fiance. Friday, we're finalizing wedding invitations before they go out to the printers, and then heading out to a romantic dinner date in nearby Capitol Hill. Saturday, we're taking a cooking class together - how to make paella! I'm very excited, the last time I had quality paella was during my travels in Spain, nearly 6 years ago! I'm looking forward to taking the class together, so we can cumulatively learn and master the art of paella making so I can whip up some concoctions at home.

Have a splendid weekend!

9 comments

Gina said...

I've taken an italian cooking class in nyc w my fiance and we loved it.. I can't wait to take another. You two will have an excellent time! Happy weekend to you as well ;)

Melanie's Randomness said...

Good luck with the invitations!! I hear ya about getting up in the morning. After I came back from vacation it was the worse!! =) I hope you have a great weekend!!

Melanie's Randomness

kelli g. { bug miscellany } said...

sounds like a lovely weekend. :)

i'm also VERY glad it's friday!

Holly said...

you always make me feel like a bad bride! eek, our save the dates havent even gone to the printer!

you are a planning mama jama

And So I Whisper said...

Great idea on the paella class. We have a dish in Costa Rica very similar to paella (sans the seafood) that I love to make whenever I can find the right rice.
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

what a nice weekend you have planned! i hope it's lovely. and 5am is much much too early!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a very delightful weekend! Mailing out invitations - sigh. It's a pain to get it all together but it really is fun! Hope your weekend is excellent!

meghan said...

How fun that you're taking cooking classes!! Are you taking them at the place that you've mentioned on here before? I can't remember the name but remember envying the place that you mentioned for cooking classes in the past. I think the best option I have here is Publix cooking school...Hmm...not the same.

Meg said...

love love love this picture!! It makes me so happy. :)