Sweet Potato Fry

Sweet potato fries appear to be new trendy, healthier alternative to French fries. The last time I was in LA for my friend Lindsay's birthday, she took me to The Counter, a popular Santa Monica gourmet burger bar, where sweet potato fries were the fries du jour, and delicious they were!

Imagine my surprise when my fave Food Network Star - Giada De Laurentiis - whipped up a recipe of "Sweet Potato Fries with Basil Salt and Garlic Mayonnaise." Not only do they sound amazing, but perfect for a summer BBQ or picnic. Try your hand at these!

Sweet Potato Fries with Basil Salt and Garlic Mayonnaise

5 sweet potatoes, cut into about 1 by 5-inch "fries"
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Place the sweet potato "fries" on a foil-lined baking sheet and toss with the olive oil. Bake until golden, about 45 minutes.

Meanwhile combine the basil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. In another small bowl combine the mayonnaise, garlic, and lemon juice, and stir to combine.

When the sweet potato fries come out of the oven, sprinkle with the basil salt. Serve with the garlic mayonnaise alongside for dipping.

image+recipe/foodnetwork

3 comments

Carla said...

I'll definitely be making these soon! yum!

AJK said...

yummy yum yum

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I just love sweet potato fries! I will have to give that recipe a try.