Master of None in Italy

My husband and I just finished binge watching the second season of Aziz Ansari's Master of None.  While I enjoyed the first season for its refreshing candor, this season is by far my favorite.  First the first episode debuts in Modena, Italy, following an ever enthusiastic Dev throughout Italy on his pasta pilgrimage.  While planning imaginary vacations to all corners of the globe that I one day dream to visit, I often forget about the loveliness and warmth of Italy until I see it onscreen.  Now after living vicariously through Dev and Arnold's Italian escapades, I'm itching to get back there.  And rewatching my favorite movies set in Italy in the meantime to get a fix...Under the Tuscan Sun and Only You to name a few.

This season follows Dev on his pasta internship, where we meet the lovely Francesca (Alessandra Mastronardi) who is a delight to watch, magnetic and captivating in her own right. Then of course, fan favorite Arnold joins Dev in Italy where they embark on a series of hilarious adventures, navigating narrow Italian roads in a too-small-for-Arnold car, biking through Tuscan hilltowns, and dining at the famous Osteria Francescana (home to famous chef Mossimo Bottura of Chef's Table Season 1).  

Perhaps my favorite scene of the entire season is a charming scene between Dev and Francesca, features this catchy Italian song, Guarda Come Dondolo (surprisingly not featured on the Season 2 soundtrack).  I've since downloaded the track from iTunes and have spent many replays dancing alongside my kids to it.   Ahh...it's so lively and fun, you just can't help but dance and twist along - I love it so much!
If you want to explore more of Master of None in Italy, follow along with this Master of None guide to Italy.  And if you haven't started Season 2 yet, this is your nudge to partake!


This post is part of my partnership with Netflix where I share what my family and I are watching each month on our favorite streaming platform. All thoughts and opinions are my own.  #StreamTeam

No comments