Lovely Little Reads: Not Quite Narwhal

Books are my love language.  Have I told you that?  I love a good book; whether that be a high-school-English classic or a children's picture book or a smutty chic-lit read, there is something about engaging and getting sucked into a good book.

I've been a bit behind posting our latest favorites in children's literature to the blog, but I'm quite active over on instagram if you'd like to follow along.

Not Quite Narwhal caught my eye because my kids are obsessed with narwhals.  Fun fact, my husband - the engineer, mind you - wasn't sure narwhals were real things.  He thought they were up there with unicorns and hippogriffs.  Yep, honey.  They're real whales.  

Anyway, Young Kelp was born in the sea, but as a helmet-clad unicorn, grew up believing he was just an unusual narwhal.  He recognized that was he was different growing up; tastes in food, speed of swimming, you know, the basics, but never really understood why.  Until one day, he catches a glimpse of a unicorn's silhouette on the horizon at dusk and is enchanted.  Could it be?  Another creature just like Kelp?  His first experience on land, he must teach himself to walk, and discovers that there is a much bigger world than what he's known in the sea.  A sweet story about finding your footing, learning you you really are and where you want to be.

For more of our favorite reads, follow along on instagram!

No comments