Playing "Mom"

I've felt my posts this week have been lackluster and uninspired, and I felt I owed my readers an explanation...It's because I've been playing "mom" for a week, and let me tell you, it's no easy task! I'm housesitting two boys (11 and 13) while their mom, dad, and sister are on a work-related trip for a week.

Just to give you a taste of my week, here's my first day on the job...I arrived at 6:00 AM on Sunday, whipped up breakfast, dropped off one boy at water polo practice, came home, picked him up, picked up lunch, fed the boys lunch, had about 30 mintues to read and sit down, drove the younger one to his basketball game, watched the game, came home, fed them snack, did lesson planning for 30 minutes, drove back to the same school for 2nd boy's game, watched that game, dropped them off at their basketball party...and Whew, it's 8:00 and I'm exhausted!

While I really shouldn't complain; the boys are very polite, well-behaved, and quite lovely, their house is simply fantastic, and their fridges are stocked til the cows come home (and I'm getting paid for this endeavor)... But this packing lunches, quizzing for spelling tests, editing papers, while managing to feed and walk the dog business is tiring! I don't know how all you parents do it after a full day's of work at your paying job. Kudos to all you moms out there, you definitely deserve more than a measly day in May to celebrate all of your hard work!

image/mommymatters

2 comments

Unknown said...

For Sure! Every day is Mother's Day

Louise said...

Oh wow, sounds exhausting!! Your posts haven't been uninspired at all though! I don't think I'd have been able to post at all with that schedule! xx