Friends Thanksgiving

Our 3rd annual Friends Thanksgiving was a roaring success. This year we even had 28 people in attendance! This holiday party started 3 years ago, stemming from the fact that a good percentage of my friends are not from the Seattle area. With a few from Canada, one from England, and the rest scattered around the US, many of our friends are "transplants" to the Seattle area.

This potluck-style party brings everyone together to celebrate our friend "family." It's such a fun tradition, everyone brings something to the table, we had everything from ham to turkey to mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, gingerbread, all the fixings! I'm very thankful for my friends!

image/hornblowerholidays

12 comments

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

oh such a great idea! it sounds delicious and fun!

Mrs.French said...

psssst...you won the jamie shelman giveaway on bliss. I need your contact info my dear..xo t

Rachel said...

I am making my first turkey this year and I feel super nervous about it!

The SSS Sophisticate said...

What a fun tradition!

roysie said...

How wonderful! I need to start this tradition!

bethany said...

Oh, how sweet! That sounds like an incredible tradition...so often friends are left out of the Thanksgiving festivities, which is odd considering that to so many of us our closest friends are considered family in almost every other realm!

Happy Holidays! :)

Jenni said...

Oh how fun! I love the holidays!

the southern hostess said...

So wonderful! I can't wait for Thanksgiving!

Carissa Thilgen said...

how nice! sounds like a great time with friends, a truly fabulous tradition! and any excuse for two thanksgivings sounds good to me :)

Liz Stanley said...

we're having one of these tomorrow night. can't wait!!

erin said...

such a sweet idea. sounds lovely.

You Are My Fave said...

I love the idea of a friend's Thanksgiving since we all live far from home. And turkey is always good.