Study Abroad!

I'm soooo excited, my youngest sister has just announced she will be studying abroad in Cape Town, South Africa, Spring semester 2010! I've always wanted to visit South Africa, it's been on my "must-see" list for ages, and now I have my chance! I am seriously so tempted to rush out to Barnes & Noble and buy a guide book right this second (actually, on second thought, maybe I should start saving first...). Anyone been there? Recommendations of must-see landmarks or nearby places to visit? image/nationalgeographic

8 comments

Nicole Marie said...

oh my gosh!! how exciting for her!! and pretty brave! most people (like me) stick to the known europe for studying abroad!

Victoria said...

My daughter studied abroad in Capetown, South Africa. She loved it! I will have to ask her for must see places. Then she went into a graduate program in African Studies. She was able to return to South Africa numerous times for research. She has traveled a lot and it is one of her favorite places. The beaches are gorgeous!

Joanna Goddard said...

how amazing!!!!

Carrie said...

Wow, that is awesome! How exciting for her! (And you to visit)!

Vivian said...

congratulations to her, how exciting!

i've never been, but Cape Town is supposedly one of the most magnificent places on earth... some of my co-workers are from there, and they showed me their amazing pictures.

You should definitely start planning your trip there, lucky you!

Allie said...

wooo Michelle you rock! thanks for the shoutout! im so excited for you to visit me there :)

fric and frac said...

Sounds like an amazing experience. I have always wanted to go there!

stefanie said...

this sounds so rad! i have the travel bug right now and africa seems like such an awesome place to visit.