My Rewatchables

After binging on The Rewatchables, a podcast that rehashes and delights in favorite, rewatchable movies, I decided to make my own rewatchables list.  
First up, It's Complicated.  This is easily one of my favorite movies.  I can rewatch it over and over again and never get bored!  I tend to enjoy Nancy Meyers movies, both for their architectural and interior design splendor as well as their comedic timing and romance.  Meryl Streep's house and bakery in It's Complicated are swoonworthy.  But the real gem is the cast; Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin, Steve Martin, John Krasinski, this movie is entertaining, delightful, and good for a laugh.  It never gets old!  

I Love You, Man is another favorite rewatchable.  Paul Rudd is always a good time in movies, as is Jason Segel.  These two together are so hilarious. Paul Rudd's comedic timing is on point as he awkwardly navigates the world of making platonic male friends.  Some of his comments and one liners...I still find myself laughing out loud to some of the lines from this movie, even after watching it again and again. 
Even though they don't share a scene, Meryl Streep and Amy Adams shine in Julie and Julia - another rewatchable favorite.  I read the book upon which the movie is based and it seemed scattered, and kind of all over the place.  The movie however, seamlessly volleys back and forth between the life of Julia Child and the life of Julie Powell, one woman's infatuation with all that comes with the culinary traditions of Julia Child's most beloved cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking.  There are some witty supporting characters; Chris Messina, Stanley Tucci, Jane Lynch, and Mary Lynn Rajskub.  All in all, a feel good film that's comforting to return to.
Crazy Stupid Love.  This movie - again, all the laughs.  The cast, the scenes, so many funny moments!  The suave, uber confident Ryan Gosling taking sad, broken-hearted Steve Carrell under his wing. Marisa Tomei as the prowling for affection bar pick up (who also happens to be Steve Carrell's son's English teacher).  The Dirty Dancing "lift" remake scene with Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling.  The babysitter refusing to take Julianne Moore's "slutty money." The comical, almost slapstick man-fight at the end as all of the information surrounding everyone's entanglement comes to light.  The only caveat in this movie is Julianne Moore, I feel like everyone else's casting is pitch perfect, and she's just...okay.  All in all, a bit corny, but definitely rewatchable.
Father of the Bride, probably my favorite movie since it's 1991 debut.  I can quote pretty much the entire movie, much to the chagrin of whoever is watching with me.  It is just such a classic!  Dad, I met a man in Rome, and he's wonderful, and brilliant, and we're getting married!  Steve Martin, Diane Keaton, Kimberly Williams, they're all in their prime in this movie, and work so well together.  I even picked my father-daughter dance song for my wedding based off of this movie, The Temptations' My Girl which is the backdrop for the memorable father-daughter one-on-one basketball scene.  

These are just a few of my favorites.  I could go on and on...  I have many, many more, as I am very much a movie-rewatcher.  What are your rewatchables?

No comments