Lovely Little Reads

Hello and welcome to a new segment on the blog, Lovely Little Reads.  One of my goals as a parent is to try and instill a lifelong love of learning in my children.  Call it the teacher in me.  Call it the happy satisfaction I get from checking out, reading, and returning library books.  Bottom line, I have a deep fondness for children's books, and have decided to share my favorite literary gems here in this space, with you.  I intend to post books worth reading, oldies, newbies, and everything in between with some snippets as to why they might be worth your while.

Take this book, Twenty Yawns, written by Pulitzer Prize winner Jane Smiley (as if that wasn't enough to convince you).  The story is sweet, endearing, and will truly have you yawning twenty times if not more by the time you finish.  A perfect way to cap off a bedtime routine with your little one.

Join me on this literary journey over at instagram at lovely.little.reads and happy reading.

No comments