Dinner Last Night: Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup

In an effort to make dinner a bit more seamless, I've been looking to my slow cooker more and more these days.  Plus who doesn't love a bowl of warm, steaming hot soup on a blustery winter day?  When slow cooker broccoli cheese soup popped up on my feed, I was intrigued.  Upon reading the recipe, I was surprised that the Pioneer Woman called for two cans of cream of celery canned soup and velveeeta cheese -yuck!  So, I made a few changes and it turned out just fine.

I used one can of cream of mushroom instead which we somehow had in our pantry - so only half the yuck. Plus, if it didn't get used in this soup, it would've gone in the garbage.  I'll credit that purchase to my husband - I usually can't get over the image of a can-shaped glob of soup in a bowl.  This added some creaminess, and I then added about 3/4 cup of milk.  Instead of Velveeta, I just added grated cheddar cheese at the end.  A bit healthier, but just as tasty!

image/http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/slow-cooker-broccoli-cheese-soup/


No comments