Dinner Last Night: Creamy Butternut Squash Alfredo

When I saw this recipe on Little Baby Garvin, my first reaction was YUM!! I need to make that this week!  I've never been a huge fan of fettuccine alfredo, it's a little too rich for my taste, but it's one of my husband's favorites.  Aside from the pasta and 1 cup of milk, this recipe is mostly vegetable based, so it's definitely on the lighter side as alfredos go.  I served with crumbled applewood smoked baked and pomegranate seeds - the perfect garnish of salty and sweet.  It was delicious!  Also, just a note, there was plenty of sauce to go around, I ended up freezing half for a later date.  Definitely a repeat recipe.


4 comments

Abby said...

butternut squash alfredo?! why didn't i think of this!? gah!

xoxo,
www.thefrugalblogger.net

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

OMG this sounds AMAZING! I can't believe I'd never though about butternut squash alfredo before. What can't you do with butternut squash?! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

birdie to be said...

You have all the yummy fall recipes over here! Yum!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh boy, it sounds delicious:) Kisses, lovely.