No School Due to Good Weather

Well we've all heard of snow days, but have you ever heard of this?  School canceled due to good weather!  WHAT?!  Yes indeed, in Washington state in fact.  A private Christian school in Bellingham, Washington canceled school this past Friday due to the high temperatures and sunny skies forecasted  leading into the weekend.  Their reasoning; a day "just for fun," boosts morale and "promotes positive school culture." Brilliant, right?  I think so...  My school district, feel free to follow suit!

image/weheartit

6 comments

samantha ramage said...

i went to my little cousin's play today and the kids were given the day off tomorrow because they spent the whole weekend working hard for their production! i was totally jealous! i wish real life were like that ;)

xo
sami

Melanie said...

So brillant! I wish they did that with jobs too! =)

Ergo-Blog

stephanie. said...

I pulled both my girlies out early Thursday to go the beach. life is short, childhood is shorter. :)

stephanie. said...

p.s. I'm a former teacher.

Sarah Alway said...

Shut the front door! Are you serious?! That is the most amazing idea I've ever heard of!

Holly said...

LOVE