Oscar Season

Ladies and gentlemen, the Oscar nominees for best picture are..

1. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
2. Frost/Nixon
3. Milk
4. The Reader
5. Slumdog Millionaire
I find that usually I've only seen one or two, never heard of at least one, and been wanting to see the rest. Well, this year is no different than the rest. Thus far, I've seen Benjamin Button, which in my opinion was excellent, very Forrest Gump-esque...never heard of The Reader, heard of Frost/Nixon but didn't strike me as "my kind of movie," and have been itching to see both Milk and especially fan favorite, Slumdog Millionaire.

Anyone seen the nominees? Thoughts??

image/imdb

5 comments

marlenedesigner said...

Haven't seen any of them but I'm planing to watch at least couple over the weekend.

Anonymous said...

You must see Slumdog Millionaire. It's a wonderfully well done story, which captures the energy, organized chaos, colors and feel of India's streets so well.

Persian Tea said...

absolutely LOVED slumdog. i have a feeling it will win.

Anonymous said...

Slumdog Millionaire will win, and boy does it deserve to!

Ms Unreliable said...

The only one I've seen so far is Frost/Nixon...it was very dry but very intriguing nonetheless - the battle between the personalities is an interesting one, even though Nixon (and all his advisers) think he's got everything under control.

To be honest...I wasn't around for the whole Watergate scandal and I actually didn't know many of the details prior to watching this movie, but I still really enjoyed it and found both main characters quite endearing by the end.