Oh Oh Olympics!

I am obsessed! The Olympics are taking over my life. Today I watched Misty May-Treanor & Kerry Walsh in women's volleyball, Michael Phelps earn his 10th medal in swimming, the American's just miss out on the medal competition in synchronized diving, and then...my all-time favorite, women's gymnastics!

I can remember watching gymnastics since the 1992 Barcelona games, where Shannon Miller shone as the stand-out American, barely missing the gold. And of course, who can forget the white knuckle moment when Kerri Strug landed the vault with a dramatic wrenched ankle, hobbling to the start line and continuing through the pain to save the day with a team gold at the '96 Atlanta games.

I love gymnastics! Of course, I can't even do a cartwheel, but that doesn't stop me from cheering our girls on! At the last Olympics, my friends and I sat glued to the TV on a Friday night, awaiting the declaration of Carly Patterson as individual all-around winner. Hoping for the best this year with our newcomers Shawn Johnson, Nastia Liukin, and Bridget Sloan. U-S-A! U-S-A!

image/nbcolympics
image/telegraph.co.uk
image/dailymail
image/daylife

4 comments

alyson. said...

oh my gosh, I watched those videos of Shannon Miller and Kerri Strug and TOTALLY remember them from when I was a little girl. I always loved watching gymnastics. when I was younger, my parents had a big bedroom, I would make up gymnastics routines on the floor. I even sprained my wrist attempting a back handspring. :)

You Are My Fave said...

I was nauseous last night watching the gymnastics. I get so nervous for them. Although I'm disappointed in the outcome, I'm hoping Shawn Johnson can come through for us tomorrow.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

They are taking over my life too! I have to revolve my night around them!

Dennise said...

I have to second everyone's enthusiasm. I cry at every medal ceremony where we win the gold.

Oh and Kerri and Misty are so badass, I love it!